Table of Contents Hide
Tumblr is one of the fastest-growing blogging platforms in the market. This platform has been used by several people to enhance their brands. This site attracts a large number of new users daily. Many people are unfamiliar with this platform because it is new and the users are also new. A most common question is “What is Tumblr archive? How to view/access the Tumblr archive?
Everything from photographs, quotations, movies, and music may be posted from any location in the world. A wonderful place to express your ideas on everything from politics to the film business, and to connect with others who share your views. People commonly refer to it as a “microblogging” site since they post brief messages instead of lengthy ones. Tumblr has been a great hit among teenagers in recent years. Tumblr is a popular platform for teenagers to express themselves and follow their passions.
If you want to know about the archive, you are at the right place. Let’s discuss it in detail.
What is Tumblr Archive?
If you want to read older postings, you’ll have to go down a long way, which some of you may find tedious, every time you go to the Tumblr page. Tumblr has added an archive tool to make it easier for you to browse through your older posts.
You can check a user’s previous postings at once using the Tumblr archive. This feature allows a user to sort their posts by various factors, such as the thumbnail for the current month. All of the previous posts are conveniently collected in one place. Additionally, you have the option of customizing a number of the archive’s settings. This way, you don’t have to scroll a long way to find a post. You can just visit the user’s archive to save time.
How to View/Access the Tumblr archive?
Now that you know the Tumblr Archive is a great feature to save a ton of your time. Let’s discuss the ways by which you can access Tumblr Archive. It may be accessed in a variety of ways. You can use any of the approaches outlined in this section. Let’s discuss them in detail.
1. Use the Archive Button
This tutorial will show you how to use Tumblr’s archive by pressing the Archive button. As you can see, it’s fairly straightforward and I’ve tried to explain it in a way that is easy to understand. The steps are outlined below.
- Go to the profile of the person whose post you’d want to check. You may find it by searching for that specific user name.
- After reaching the user’s profile, simply click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen. Tap on the 3 dot icon on the right upper side. You’ll see a drop-down menu.
- Select Archive from the drop-down menu.
- All of that person’s posts will now be shown in chronological order.
- Firstly, the posts will be organized by month.
- However, it can be sorted in various ways. Posts may also be sorted by “Post Type”, “Tag”, and “Month”.
This is how you can easily sort your blogs using the Archive Button.
2. Use the Archive Link
It may be accessed by clicking on the person’s direct link. You absolutely can do that, and I’ll show you how. To access the archived page of a user, each user has a unique URL. To visit the user’s Archive page, simply edit the original URL. So, let’s walk through the process step by step.
- Go to the profile of the person whose post you’d want to check.
- Check the address bar of the browser and you’ll notice a link to that profile. The default link of a Tumblr block looks like this ‘https://art.tumblr.com/’.
- Now you need to change the link. Add “archive” at the end of the link you just see in the address bar. For example, the above link will become ‘https://art.tumblr.com/archive.’ After doing so, just press enter.
- This will take you to the archive page of the user.
This is how you can change the link to go to the user’s archive. If you’re using a mobile app, this method may not work. Nonetheless, if you’d want to see the Tumblr archive on your mobile app, the next method is for you.
3. Use the Archive Option in the Tumblr Mobile App
Tumblr’s mobile app allows you to access the user’s archived posts. The users need to have the Archive button enabled so that they may see their previous posts. If the Archive button is enabled, you can simply visit the profile and click on Archive.
The archive button will appear beneath the user’s profile photo after you’ve entered their profile. When you select Archive, you’ll be sent to the user’s archived Tumblr post.
How to Add Tumblr Archive Button?
If you are unaware of adding the button, let me guide you. Follow the below steps.
- Log in to your Tumblr account.
- On your account, go to customize option.
- In the customize settings, choose “add a page”.
- Add “archive” at the end of the link.
- Tap on “Show a Link to This Page” to show this page in your Tumblr blog.
- Then, in the ‘Text to Display box, type ‘Archive’.
- Your link has been added to the account home page.
That’s all with this post. Hopefully, you’ve learned everything there is to know about Tumblr Archive. In addition, you learned how to use archives and other relevant features. Now that the Tumblr Archive page is no longer visible on your profile, you may view it by using the methods listed above.